<body leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0" topmargin="0"> My Wide Blue Seas-Lux Aeterna: Day 6 Scriptures

My Wide Blue Seas-Lux Aeterna

A Series of Essays Dedicated as a Memorial to the Victims of the 2001 World Trade Center Bombings, September 11, 2001



Saturday, September 11, 2004

Day 6 Scriptures


The Rifle, Boots and Helmet of the Fallen, Solders memorial service Afganistan


Blessed be the Lord, My Rock,
Who trains my arms for war,
And my hands for battle!

He is my Love, My Fortress:
My Stronghold, My Savior
My Shield, My Place of Refuge.
He brings peoples under my rule.

Lord, what is man that You care for him?
Mortal man, that You keep him in mind?
Man, who is merely a breath,
Whose life fades like a passing shadow.

Lower Your heavens ad come down.
Touch the mountains: wreath them in smoke
Flash Your lightnings: rout the foe!
Shoot Your arrows and put them to flight!

Reach down from heaven and save me!
Draw me out of the mighty waters,
From the hand of a silent foe!
Whose mouth is filled with lies
Whose hands are raised in perjury

To You , O Lord I will sing a new song!
I will play on the harp of ten strings.
To You who give kings their victory
Who set Your servant, David free!

Psalms 144:1-10

From the Shorter Morning and Evening Prayer Book
Of the Benedictine Congregation of North America

Serve the LORD! And if it seems evil to you to serve the LORD, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD."
So the people answered and said: "Far be it from us that we should forsake the LORD to serve other gods; for the LORD our God is He who brought us and our fathers up and who did those great signs in our sight, and preserved us in all the way that we went and among all the people through whom we passed. Joshua 24:15-17

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<body leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0" topmargin="0">