<body leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0" topmargin="0"> My Wide Blue Seas-Lux Aeterna: Day 3 Essay-How Could a Loving God Allow This To Happen?

My Wide Blue Seas-Lux Aeterna

A Series of Essays Dedicated as a Memorial to the Victims of the 2001 World Trade Center Bombings, September 11, 2001



Saturday, September 11, 2004

Day 3 Essay-How Could a Loving God Allow This To Happen?


WTC Tower Explosion


How Could a Loving God Allow This To Happen?



“If there is a God, he would never have allowed so many to die so horribly!”

“God is Love,…right., Then which God was in charge on 9-11 the hijackers Allah or your Jesus?”

“Jesus saves but not on 9-11.”

"Loving God?...He should have stopped them before they murdered so many people!"


I could go on and on. I saw in papers and received queries like this in penpal mail. I saw the “Jesus saves” comment on a bill board as we were driving that late September 2001. My thoughts were “ Lord, don’t these people understand that we all have a free will and can choose to do evil or good..? “The truth is that since the garden of Eden, bad things have happened to good people. Abel slain by Cain, and so on. God doesn’t will it so, but He does allow it for His purpose to bring us closer to Himself.

When we talk about the purposes of God, and how they relate to a singular event like 9-11, I really think that making assumptions about those purposes close to the event is erroneous and even dangerous. We are still recovering from the shock of the event. We are still in the midst of the smoke and the burning. We cant know really what the event is let alone perceive the ultimate outcome.

That’s why, as I watched in the lunchroom of my employer and I heard thing like, “God is going to use this to bring revival…” ect. That I thought “ Well could be, but I don’t think so” Sure enough the churches were full for two weeks, but I think that its safe to say that now that 3 years have past, the there has been negligible spiritual awakening here in America. That is very sad but true.

So, you ask? Are you not going to say why you think that God allowed those four planes to be used as weapons and be the demise of so many innocent souls? No. I don’t know. I don’t understand why. When I see photos like the burning man jumping to his death, or as I listened to the phone call placed by Todd Beamer on flight 73, knowing that he was going to die but praying anyway with that operator…you want to scream out,” Why? Why? Why?”…and there are no answers. I must say this, I serve a omnipotent omnipresent God that knew from the foundation of the world that this terrible murder would take place . None of those people that died were there by chance. God knew that those deceived tools of the devil were training all of those years to do this horrible thing. It wasn’t a surprise to Him.

God gave us an incredible gift when He made us. He breathed on Adam and he became a living soul. He became a reasoning being, one that knows right from wrong and can make choices about what we do. We are not robots, or even animals that function on instinct. We are separate individuals that choose how we will live and interact with our fellow humans.

Those men chose to hijack those planes. I know from what I have read that only a few of them knew before they left the airport that they were on a suicide mission. When they were told I cannot guess. Can you imagine what they thought about as they boarded those planes? Were there any regrets? Were they scared that if they backed out family would be killed in retribution. We know very little about most of them. Do you not think that God did not try one last time to speak to each of them, that the Holy Spirit didn’t try to intervene? Of course He did, and they chose not to listen. They chose to dwell on the false promises of a martyrs paradise that the radial imams teach are the reward of the killers of the infidel. They chose to chant the prayers of the cult of Islam rather than to call upon the name of the Living God… What, to my mind is the greatest tragedy of the whole 9-11 experience is the uselessness of it all. It accomplished nothing but destroyed the lives of thousands and they, the perpetrators, by reason of their deeds alone on that day, are in hell as a result. The devil’s deception worked and his evil deeds were done. The death cult of Islam claimed yet more victims, both the innocent and the perpetrators.

Did a loving God allow the terrible events of 9-11 to happen? Yes of course. But this wasn’t His perfect will for any of those involved. He calls all of us to repentance and to walk in newness of life. I read recently that President Bush feels that Osama bin Laden is beyond salvation. As much as I respect and even admire him, I disagree. I believe that my God can and will save anyone that calls out to Him. No sin is so great that God will not forgive it if you ask it of Him and turn from your evil ways and seek His Face. He would have saved any of the hijackers, any of the passengers, any of those in the World Trade Center and any of us if we will just allow Him to. If you have not asked God to forgive you of your sins and to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and King, Your Messiah and Savior, please do it now. Do not delay. We do not know the day or the hour of our deaths. The horrible events of September 11 teach us well to number our days, that they are numbered and we will be called to account for them, some of us sooner than we think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<body leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0" topmargin="0">